Monday 4 November 2013
14:30 – 17:00
WTM Knowledge Theatre GV750 World Travel Market Excel London
Innovative technology and business models are having a sustained impact on the travel industry as new players introduce ever more sophisticated ways of doing business. Travel Technology Initiative, at the forefront of the deployment of technology in the travel industry, has teamed up with World Travel Market to assemble a team of top-flight speakers who will give their take on the very latest developments in travel that will affect all of us now and in the near future.
Moving with the Times
Successful businesses don’t stand still. In this session you will hear from two of the world’s premier travel brands about how they are adopting innovtion in technology, business practices and organisational culture to position as front-runners amongst their peers.
Access the presentations by clicking on the presentation title:
- Innovating Corporate Travel – William El Kaim, Marketing Technology Director, Innovation, Global Marketing & Enterprise Strategy, Carlson Wagonlit Travel
- Innovation and its role in helping to drive business transformation – Robin Colman, Group Head of Innovation, Thomas Cook
The Online Players
It is no longer good enough just to be online, the world has moved on. The go ahead online players are continually developing their business models and innovating to stay ahead. Two leading players give their views on where travel is heading both online and on mobile.
- Online Travel Agents – Where Next? – Andrew Warner, Senior Marketing Director, Expedia EMEA
- Mobile Innovation – David Slocombe, Head of Mobile, lastminute.com (presentation not available)
Ahead of the Game
Looking into the future, we hear from three speakers who will talk about their experiences of launching an innovative business, provide an insight into gamification and take the long view of how mobile is becoming indispensable.
- Innovating a New Travel Business – Kelly Lees, General Manager, Europe, Gogobot
- The Journey to Gamification. Engaging Travellers – Oscar Herencia, Co-founder, CSO & Traveller, Fantastiq Transmedia Solutions
- Your mobile phone or your wedding ring? – Richard Lewis, CEO, Best Western Hotels (presentation not available)